About Us

 
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR CORRECT PHYSICAL LOCATION ADDRESS IS:
34 JORDAN AVE. PEMBROKE ON K8A 6W5
 
OUR MAILING ADDRESS IS:
PO BOX 245 PEMBROKE ON K8A 6X3

OUR FAITH
We value God: His Word, His Creation, His redemptive purpose in Christ for the world, and His presence through the Holy Spirit. We value people without Christ to whom we owe the compassion of Christ and an opportunity to receive the gospel and enter into Christian fellowship.

We value individual believers and their personal commitment to Christ, the baptism in the Holy Spirit, discipleship, Christian family life, and fulfillment of the will of God.

We value local churches worldwide which are marked by sound doctrine, sincere worship, every-member ministry, loving relationships, Holy Spirit-empowered evangelism, anointed proclamation and practical expression of Christian faith.

We value a cooperative fellowship that enhances the church’s ability to fulfill its mandate, through servant leadership, a shared vision, flexible structures, and strategic mobilization of its resources.
 

OUR HISTORY
page3_picture0_1344435710The sign on our building says, “Dedicated in 1986”, but Pembroke Pentecostal Tabernacle was established long before that. The humble beginnings of the church are rooted in a camp meeting held in Arnprior in 1923. It seemed good in the Lord, and the people were praying that a Pentecostal church be established in Pembroke. The first services were held in a home on Pembroke Street West with only seven people in attendance.

In March of 1924, the “Local Assembly”, which is now Pembroke Pentecostal Tabernacle was formally and legally established. Throughout the years, we have been blessed with great people and great leadership and the Holy Spirit has added to the church throughout four generations. The first church home was established at 202 Renfrew Street in Pembroke. In 1937, the “basement” church was dedicated and in 1945, the “top” was added.

Land was subsequently purchased for the present location and this building was dedicated to the Lord in 1986. We continue to serve the City of Pembroke and surrounding area with a family oriented ministry.